Saturday, July 28, at 10:15 AM
Join us on July 28 for a special DSRV event at the museum! Three former DSRV pilots and officers will share their experiences in a free event open to the public. Come enjoy stories and behind-the-scene insights from retired DSRV experts Commander Richard Taylor, Lieutenant Commander Patrick O’Brien, and Master Chief Sonar Technician Todd Litke. Their collective experiences span all eras of the DSRV program’s 38-year history!
The presentation will take place in the museum’s auditorium. Doors open at 9:45 AM. The event will end with a Q&A so bring your DSRV questions!
Wednesdays, July 4 – Labor Day 10:00 AM–2:00 PM
Don’t lose steam between one grade’s learning and the next! Join us at the museum for Summer STEAM. We host Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics-based activities and discovery for families with children ages 5-15. Each week explores a new topic!
- July 4: Optics
- July 11: Cartesian Divers
- July 18: Circuits
- July 25: Potential and Kinetic Energy
The U.S. Naval Undersea Museum Out and About!
- July 9-13: Camp Create at the Kitsap Regional Library Poulsbo Branch. Participants in grades 5-8 will take part in daily hands-on projects and experiments from 1:00 PM until 4:00 PM. Sponsored by the Kitsap Regional Library, U.S. Naval Undersea Museum, Puget Sound Navy Museum, Puget Sound Naval Shipyard & Intermediate Maintenance Facility, USS Turner Joy, and the SEA Discovery Center. Registration required.
- July 25: NUWC Keyport’s Health, Heritage, & Hobbies Day from 11:00 AM until 1:00PM (base access required)
- August 4-5: Seafair activities at the Museum of Flight
Visit us at these events to learn more about what the museum has to offer and take part in STEM activities!